Rob Kinnan-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Duke Blue Devils mascot
Duke-Virginia Betting Odds
6 p.m. ET | ESPN
- Current point spread: Virginia -2
- Current over/under: 135.5
>> All odds as of 5:30 p.m. ET. Download The Action Network App to get real-time odds and live win probabilities on your bets.
Tracking the odds:
- 5:27 p.m. ET: The late downward trend on the over/under is continuing, sending the number down to 135.5 at most books.
- 5:08 p.m. ET: After a quiet few hours, the total is back on the move, dropping a half point to a consensus of 136.
- 1:12 p.m. ET: After sitting at -1.5 for most of the day, Virginia is now up to a 2-point favorite.
- 11:47 a.m. ET: The upward movement has continued, sending this over/under to 136.5.
- 11:23 a.m. ET: Sharp action has caused the movement on the total to change direction, as it’s now back where it began the day at 135.5.
- 9:54 a.m. ET: The total has continued to drop, now down to a new low of 134.5.
- 9:12 a.m. ET: The total has moved for the first time today, falling to 135. Fifty-five percent of bets are on the under.
- 8:19 a.m. ET: With 63% of bets landing on Duke, the Devils have moved to +1.5.
- 8:00 a.m. ET: Virginia begins the morning as a 2-point favorite with a total of 135.5.
Duke-Virginia Betting Preview
When UVA has the ball: In the first matchup at Duke, the Cavaliers suffered through their worst 3P shooting night of the season. Virginia shot an abysmal 17.6% (3 of 19) from beyond the arc. While Duke’s defense ranks eighth nationally (28.8%) against the three-pointer, many of those shot were wide-open. They should be much more efficient at home.
The biggest offensive advantage for the Cavaliers is at the free throw line where they shoot 76.1% as a team. In the first matchup, Virginia only shot 64.7% (11 of 17) from the foul line. They also allowed Duke to attempt 31 free throws. It is reasonable to assume this discrepancy evens out in Charlottesville.
All other offensive statistics were strong in their first matchup. The Cavaliers only produced eight turnovers and shot a blistering 69.4% (25-36) from 2P%. The weakest statistical aspect of their offense is their 52.5% (107th ranked) 2P% on the season. Their success on offense at Cameron Indoor Stadium projects favorably in this home matchup. The offensive keys for UVA will be to improve efficiency from beyond the arc and the free throw line.
When Duke has the ball: The Blue Devils were able to attack the lane at will … Click to read our complete Duke-Virginia Betting Preview …
Our Staff’s Picks for Duke-Virginia
Locky Lockerson: Basically, the ‘spot’ was all Virginia in the first meeting, and the Cavs still came up short. Now, with things squarely against the Hoos, and Duke as a small dog, or a pick, I like Duke’s advantages … Click to read Locky’s full explanation in our Duke-Virginia Betting Guide …