Bears Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Mike DiNovo-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Matt Nagy, Mitchell Trubisky
Chicago Bears Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 9 (-135)/Under 9 (+115)
- Odds to win the NFC North: +175
- Odds to make the NFC Playoffs: -120
- Odds to win the NFC Championship: 5-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 12-1
It’s Year 3 of Mitchell Trubisky. Year 2 of Matt Nagy. And Year 1 of a new defensive coordinator.
What are realistic expectations for the Bears in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 9
The Bears are hoping new coordinator Chuck Pagano can keep their defense elite after Vic Fangio left the job to coach the Broncos. In 2017, the Bears had the second-highest Adjusted Games Lost. This past season, they had the third-fewest. It’s a good reminder just how quickly a luck-based stat such as this can change from one season to the next.
Having said all that, the market isn’t proving much value on Under 9.5 wins — 9 isn’t a great number, and any book offering 9.5 requires you to pay a ton of under juice.
I’m passing on a side here and will instead look to fade the Bears against the spread early in the season vs. any A-graded team in my Buy/Sell model.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 vs. Packers: Bears -2.5
- Week 2 at Broncos: Bears -1
- Week 3 at Redskins: Bears -4.5
- Week 4 vs. Vikings: Bears -3
- Week 5 vs. Raiders: Bears -5.5
- Week 7 vs. Saints: Bears -1
- Week 8 vs. Chargers: Bears -1
- Week 9 at Eagles: Bears +2.5
- Week 10 vs. Lions: Bears -6.5
- Week 11 at Rams: Bears +4.5
- Week 12 vs. Giants: Bears -9
- Week 13 at Lions: Bears -1.5
- Week 14 vs. Cowboys: Bears -4
- Week 15 at Packers: Bears +2
- Week 16 vs. Chiefs: Bears +1
- Week 17 at Vikings: Bears +1.5