Bengals Draft Picks, Team Needs & First Round Betting Odds
Silas Walker/Getty Images
Bengals Draft Picks
Bengals Draft Odds
|Position of First Pick||Odds|
Bengals Draft Needs
- OL: Pass protection was a serious pain point for the Bengals last season. The team allowed the sixth-most sacks per game and should look to add depth to protect 2020 No. 1 overall pick, Joe Burrow.
- EDGE/LB: Cincinnati ranked 32nd in sacks per game (1.1) and allowed the fourth-most rushing yards per game (148). The Bengals also lost edge rusher Carl Lawson to the Jets during free agency.
- WR: Tee Higgins, the Bengals’ 2020 second-round pick, showed promise last season and Tyler Boyd is under contract until 2024. They did lose some depth at the position from A.J. Green, who signed with the Cardinals, and may look to add another weapon for Burrow.
- TE: The Bengals utilized three tight ends in 2020: Drew Sample, C.J. Uzomah and Cethan Carter. Sample was the best of the bunch and reeled in 40 catches for 349 yards, which ranked him 28th at the position.
by Chris Raybon
- OG: Currently atop the depth chart are Michael Jordan, Quinton Spain and Xavier Su’a-Filo, who each produced below-average guard play last season.
- WR: The Bengals are set at two spots with Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd, but need to replace A.J. Green, who saw a team-leading 30% of air yards last season.
- TE: As it stands, the top options are Sample, who averages 8.4 yards per catch with one touchdown on 45 career catches, and Uzomah, who was a replacement-level player before tearing his Achilles last season.
- DT: D.J. Reader is the only above-average player to speak of here after Geno Atkins was released and Larry Ogunjobi and Mike Daniels both failed to crack PFF’s top 100 interior lineman.
- LB: There may not even be one league-average starter among the likes of Germaine Pratt, Logan Wilson, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Jordan Evans and Markus Bailey.