Betting Odds: Atlanta Falcons at Jacksonville Jaguars (-4)
- Atlanta Falcons Moneyline: +160
- Jacksonville Jaguars Moneyline: -185
- Over/Under: 40
- Kickoff: Aug. 25, 2018 – 7 p.m. ET
The Falcons will rest wide receiver Julio Jones and running back Devonta Freeman again on Saturday. As a result, the line has move even more toward the Jaguars, with 81% of tickets and 83% of the money backing the home squad.
Jones’ continued absence could trigger additional opportunities for 2018 first-rounder Calvin Ridley, who flashed last week against the Chiefs on both offense and special teams. Targets won’t be plentiful behind Jones, Mohamed Sanu and the offense’s pair of capable running backs, but Ridley figures to make an impact at some point thanks to his speed and play-making ability.
The Jaguars don’t have a clear-cut No. 1 WR, but they do have five players worthy of consideration for a starting role.
- Marqise Lee: The Jaguars’ leader in receptions (56) and yards per route run (1.67) in 2017 landed a four-year, $34 million contract this offseason.
- Keelan Cole: He led the Jaguars with 748 receiving yards last year and ranked third among all rookies behind only Cooper Kupp and JuJu Smith-Schuster.
- Dede Westbrook: He had at least six targets in six of seven regular season games and averaged a big-time 18.0 yards per reception at Oklahoma.
- Donte Moncrief: He landed a fully-guaranteed $9.6 million deal and has the most size and proven scoring ability in an offense lacking both.
- D.J. Chark: The team’s second-round pick has reportedly shown contested-catch ability in practice to complement his 4.34-second 40-yard dash.