Phil Jurkovec Scouting Report & 2022 NFL Draft Profile
Billie Weiss/Getty Images. Pictured: Phil Jurkovec #5 of the Boston College Eagles.
Phil Jurkovec NFL Draft Profile
Phil Jurkovec NFL Draft Projections
A four-star recruit, Jurkovec was a consensus top-10 dual-threat quarterback in the 2018 class, with many scouting services ranking him in the top five. He received scholarship offers from Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and many other Power Five programs before enrolling at Notre Dame, where he redshirted in his first year and backed up junior Ian Book in his second year.
Unwilling to sit behind Book any longer, Jurkovec transferred to Boston College early in 2020 and was granted an eligibility waiver shortly before the season opener, which he started. Although Boston College lost every game it played against a ranked opponent last year, Jurkovec showed potential in offensive coordinator Frank Cignetti’s system.
If Jurkovec progresses in his second season under the quarterback-focused Cignetti, he could enter the 2022 NFL draft as a potential top-100 pick.
- 2022 NFL Mock Draft: N/A
- 2022 Position Big Board: No. 9 QB
- 2022 NFL Draft Big Board: No. 45 Overall
- 2021 Devy Fantasy Rankings: No. 17 QB, No. 91 Overall
Phil Jurkovec Scouting Report
- Prototypical size (6-foot-5, 226 pounds).
- Throws with strength and touch as needed.
- Pro-style system.
- Sufficient rushing ability as a pocket passer (2.9 yards per carry, including sacks).
- Limited starting experience.
- Couldn’t beat out mediocre Ian Book for starting job at Notre Dame.
- Unorthodox throwing motion.
- Doesn’t often attack downfield.
Phil Jurkovec Stats
- 2020, BC (10 games): 336-2,558-17-5 passing | 61.0% completion rate
- 2019, ND (6 games): 16-222-2-0 passing | 75.0% completion rate
- 2018, ND (2 games): 2-0-0-0 passing | 0% completion rate
- 2020, BC (10 games): 77-150-3 rushing | 1.9 yards per carry
- 2019, ND (6 games): 22-130-0 rushing | 5.9 yards per carry
- 2018, ND (2 games): 2-9-0 rushing | 4.5 yards per carry
Phil Jurkovec & Boston College Betting Odds
Below are the best odds for various Phil Jurkovec and Boston College betting markets as of May 27, 2021. Find reviews of the best online sportsbooks here.
- Phil Jurkovec to Be No. 1 Pick in 2022 Draft: +4000 at PointsBet
- Phil Jurkovec to Win Heisman Trophy: N/A
- Boston College to Win National Championship: +75000 at DraftKings
- Boston College to Win Atlantic Coast Conference: +6600 at BetMGM
- Boston College to Win ACC Atlantic Division: +2000 at DraftKings
- Boston College Win Total, Over 7: -113 at DraftKings
- Boston College Win Total, Under 7: -113 at DraftKings
Jurkovec is getting zero respect in the Heisman Trophy market: Maybe I have bad eyesight, but I haven’t seen even one sportsbook list odds for Jurkovec to win the award. He’s a Heisman nonentity — and without a Heisman-caliber campaign in 2021, he has almost no chance to be the No. 1 pick in the 2022 draft.
It’s likely that part of Jurkovec’s Heisman nonexistence is due to Boston College’s national title hopelessness: Rarely does a player win the Heisman Trophy if his team is not a legitimate contender for a national championship.
Even so, it’s a bearish sign for Jurkovec’s future draft capital that he’s ignored entirely in the Heisman market.
Boston College is +20000 or +25000 at most sportsbooks, so you can get good line-shopping value at DraftKings with BC at +75000 to win the national title — but I wouldn’t bet that even with Chad Millman’s money. Sharing a conference with Clemson, North Carolina and Miami, the Eagles have too many obstacles in their path.
I’m avoiding Jurkovec and Boston College altogether, but if I had to take a position in their markets, I’d bet under 7 wins. In his college football win total projections, Collin Wilson has the Eagles slated for 6.72 wins.
Matthew Freedman is 1,051-849-37 (+92.6 units) overall betting on the NFL. You can follow him in our free app.