- After an incredible 2018 Men's World Cup, soccer fans and bettors don't have to wait long for the 2019 Women's World Cup, which kicks off June 7, 2019 in France.
- USA are the +250 favorites to hoist the trophy for the fourth time in eight World Cup tournaments.
Soccer fans won’t have to wait long for another big tournament as the 2019 Women’s World Cup kicks off on June 7, 2019 in France. There will be 24 teams competing in nine cities.
Teams that have already qualified: France (hosts), China, Thailand, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Brazil, Chile, Spain, Italy, England, Scotland, Norway, Sweden and Germany.
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest soccer conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Odds to Win the 2019 Women’s World Cup (via bwin):
- USA are the +250 favorites to repeat as champions, very similar to their odds (+300) before the 2015 tournament. They have an extremely talented, young squad and easily beat Mexico, 6-0, in the first qualifying match.
- France and Germany are their most formidable opponents, both listed at +350 odds.
- Japan, the runners-up in 2015, are listed at +800 to win it all, roughly the same odds as four years ago.
- Chile and Scotland will be making their first appearances at a Women’s World Cup, but no odds have been posted on either country yet.
Previous Winners and Runners-up:
- Only four nations have won the Women’s World Cup, founded in 1991.
- Germany are the only back-to-back winners, but USA have three titles.
- Norway and Japan are the only other winners.
- Three of the seven World Cup Finals needed extra time or penalties to determine a winner.
- Seven different countries have lost in the World Cup Final.