European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A and More (Dec. 4-Dec. 7)
MATTHEW CHILDS/POOL/AFP via Getty Images. Pictured: Harry Kane
Club soccer returns to Europe’s major five leagues after two weeks off due to another international break. In case you forgot here’s some of what we saw a little over a week ago:
- Manchester United erased a 2-0 deficit to beat Southampton, 3-2.
- Arsenal lost at home to Wolves, dropping them to 14th-place in the Premier League table.
- Chelsea and Tottenham finished with a 0-0 draw to both maintain their spots in the top four.
- Dortmund were upset, 2-1, at home against Koln, dropping them to fourth-place in the Bundesliga table.
- Atletico Madrid beat Valencia, 1-0, on the road, extending their unbeaten streak in La Liga to 25 matches.
- Real Madrid were upset at home by Alaves, 2-1, dropping them to fourth-place in the La Liga table.
- Bayern Munich were only able to draw with Werder Bremen at home, and their lead atop the Bundesliga is down to one point.
- Inter routed Sassuolo on the road 3-0 and subsequently took over second-place in the Serie A table.
- Juventus, Lazio, and Atalanta all dropped points as big favorites in Serie A play.
This weekend’s slate doesn’t have very many “big” matches, but there are still plenty of intriguing matches to bet on. Many teams who are participating in Champions League and Europa League are in a “sandwich spot” with matches during the middle of this week and next week. Therefore, it may be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out before heading to the window.
You can use these projections to identify early betting value on the opening lines, and follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes:
- Tottenham vs. Arsenal: The North London Derby is one of the most hotly contested rivalries in all of Europe. Arsenal has fallen on hard times, losing five of their last eight matches and have dropped to 14th-place in the Premier League table. Tottenham is currently atop the Premiership and are unbeaten in their last nine matches.
- Liverpool vs. Wolves: The Reds could also go to the top of the table with a win on Sunday. Wolves have rebounded from the poor start to the season, as they’ve won four of their last seven matches to move into sixth-place in the Premier League table. Liverpool has won seven straight matches against Wolves in the Premier League.
Premier League Injury News:
- Arsenal: Nicholas Pepe (RW) and Thomas Partey (CM) are out against Tottenham.
- Brighton: Neal Maupay (ST) is doubtful to face Southampton.
- Burnley: Jack Cork (CM) and Robbie Brady (RM) are out against Everton.
- Chelsea: Christian Pulisic (RW) is questionable to play against Tottenham.
- Crystal Palace: Wilfred Zaha (LW) is questionable to play against West Brom.
- Everton: Seamus Coleman (RB) and Lucas Digne (LB) are out against Burnley.
- Leicester: Wilfred Ndidi (CM) and Daniel Armartey (CM) are both out against Sheffield United, and Timothy Castagne (RB) and Caglar Soyuncu (CB) are questionable.
- Liverpool: Alisson (GK), Virgil Van Dijk (CB), Trent Alexander-Arnold (LB), Joe Gomez (CB), and Thiago (CM) are out against Wolves, and Naby Keita (CM) is questionable.
- Manchester City: Sergio Aguero (ST) is out against Fulham.
- Manchester United: Luke Shaw (LB) is out against West Ham and Jesse Lingard (CAM) is questionable.
- Sheffield United: Enda Stevens (LB) is questionable against Leicester, and Jack O’Connell (CB) is out.
- Southampton: Danny Ings (ST) and Nathan Redmond (LM) are both questionable against Brighton.
- Tottenham: Toby Alderweireld (CB) is out against Arsenal.
- Wolves: Raul Jimenez (ST) is out against Liverpool.
- Bayern Munich vs. RB Leipzig: First place in the Bundesliga will be on the line on Saturday when Bayern battles RB Leipzig. Both clubs have lost only one match so far this Bundesliga campaign and Bayern has won 12 of their last 14 matches at home. RB Leipzig has been Bayern’s biggest competitor in the Bundesliga the last few years, as the last three meetings between these teams have finished in a draw.
Bundesliga Injury News:
- Bayern Munich: Joshua Kimmich (CM) and Alphonso Davies (LB) are out for an extended period of time.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Charles Aranguiz (CM), Lucas Alario (ST), Karim Bellarbi (RM), Nadim Amiri (CM), and Sven Bender (CB) are all out against Schalke.
- Borussia Monchengladbach: Jonas Hoffman (RM) is questionable to play against Freiburg.
- Freiburg: Janik Haberer (CM) is questionable to play against Gladbach.
- Hoffenheim: Nine players have tested positive for COVID and their status is unknown for Saturday’s match against Mainz.
- Koln: Jonas Hector (CM), Sebastian Andersson (ST), and Florian Kainz (RM) are questionable against Wolfsburg.
- Mainz: Danny Latza is out against Arminia Bielefeld.
- Schalke 04: Salif Sane (CB) and Ozan Kabak (CB) are out against Leverkusen.
- Werder Bremen: Kevin Mohwald (CM) is out and Josh Sargent (ST) is questionable to face Vfb Stuttgart.
Serie A Notes:
- Juventus vs. Torino: The Turin Derby has been a bit one sided over the past decade, as Juventus have won 13 of the last 16 meetings between these two clubs. Torino is on a historically bad run on the road, as they’ve only won once in their last 14 matches away from home. Juventus has already secured a spot in the knockout round in the Champions League, so this match will have their full attention on Saturday.
- Roma vs. Sassuolo: Sassuolo is surprisingly in the top four to start the season and are a perfect 4-0-0 on the road in Serie A play. Roma has been destroying teams near the bottom of the table, but have struggled versus teams inside the top seven. Sassuolo has only beaten Roma once in their last fourteen meetings.
Serie A Injury News
- AC Milan: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (ST) is questionable to play against Sampdoria.
- Atalanta: Pierluigi Gollini (GK) is questionable to face Udinese.
- Bologna: Riccardo Orsolini (RM) is out against Inter.
- Cagliari: Diego Godin (CB) is out against Verona and Giovanni Simeone (ST) is questionable.
- Genoa: Mattia Perin (GK) is out against Fiorentina, and Domenico Criscito (LB) and Cristian Zapata (CB) are questionable.
- Juventus: Giorgio Chiellini (CB) and Gianlugi Buffon (GK) are all questionable to face Torino. Alvaro Morata (ST) is out.
- Napoli: Victor Osimhen (ST) is questionable to face Crotone.
- Sampdoria: Keita Balde (RW) is questionable to face AC Milan.
- Verona: Nikola Kalinic (ST), Darko Lazovic (LM), and Koray Gunter (CB) are all questionable to face Cagliari.
La Liga Notes:
- Sevilla vs. Real Madrid: A spot in the top four will be on the line Saturday when Real Madrid travels to Sevilla. Real Madrid are in a brutal stretch of form over the past week. They were upset at home by Alaves last Saturday and lost on the road at Shakhtar in Champions League on Tuesday. Sevilla has won three straight matches in La Liga.
La Liga Injuries:
- Athletic Bilbao: Inigo Martinez (CB), Ander Capa (RB), Yuri Berchiche (LB) are out against Celta Vigo.
- Atletico Madrid: Diego Costa (ST), Luis Suarez (ST) and Sime Vrsaljko RB) are questionable to face Real Valladolid.
- Barcelona: Gerard Pique (CB) is questionable and Sergi Roberto (RB) Ansu Fati (LW) are out against Cadiz.
- Cadiz: Jose Mari (CM) is questionable to face Barcelona.
- Eibar: Paulo Oliveria (CB) is questionable to play against Valencia.
- Granada: Kenedy (RW) is questionable to play against. Huesca.
- Levante: Enis Bardhi (LM) is questionable to face Getafe.
- Real Betis: Aissa Mandi (CB), Claudio Bravo (GK), and Sergio Canales (CM) are questionable to face Osasuna.
- Real Madrid: Eden Hazard (LW) and Sergio Ramos are questionable to face Sevilla.
- Sevilla: Marcos Acuna (LB) is questionable to face Real Madrid.
- Valencia: Jose Gaya (LB) and Jasper Cillessen (GK) are both questionable to face Eibar.
- Villarreal: Paco Alcacer (ST) is questionable to face Elche.
Ligue 1 Notes:
- Montpellier vs. PSG: Montpellier can go to the top of the Ligue 1 table if they upset PSG on Saturday. They’ve rattled off four straight wins in Ligue 1 play and now are in in fifth place, only two points behind PSG. PSG are winless in their last two matches and has an ultra important match with Manchester United in the Champions League on Wednesday. Can Montpellier catch PSG on the wrong foot?
- Lille vs. Monaco: Lille and Monaco are a part of the log jam at 23 points in the table. Lille has only lost twice in their last 21 matches in Ligue 1 play, while Monaco has only won once in their last four matches on the road. However Monaco has won six of the last seven matches between these two clubs.
Ligue 1 Injuries:
- Angers: Abdoulaye Bamba (RB) is questionable to play against Lorient.
- Brest: Romain Philippoteaux (LM) is questionable to face Bordeaux.
- Lille: Renato Sanches (CM) and Zeki Celik (RB) are questionable to face Monaco.
- Nice: Youcef Atal (RB), Kasper Dolbert (ST), and Hassane Kamara (LM) are questionable against Reims.
- PSG: Mauro Icardi (ST) and Julian Draxler (CAM) are questionable to play against Montpellier.
- Reims: Xavier Chavalerin (CM) is questionable to face Nice.
- Rennes: Martin Terrier (LW) and Daniele Rugani (CB) are questionable to face Lens.
- Saint Etienne: Panagiotis Retsos (CB) is questionable to face Dijon.
- Strasbourg: Alexander Djiku (CDM) is questionable to face Nantes.