Jennings: The Golfers I’m Bullish and Bearish on at the 2019 Masters
Catalina Fragoso, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Jason Day
- The 2019 Masters begins on Thursday, April 11 at Augusta National Golf Course.
- Peter Jennings talks about the odds, the DFS market and which golfers he's bullish or bearish on heading into this weekend.
The Masters is my favorite gambling event on the sports calendar.
Whether it be through DFS, pools or auctions I plan on investing in a bunch of different forms for the tournament.
We’ve already covered the tournament extensively from every angle, but I wanted to share my final thoughts on both the betting and DFS side at Augusta. At this point the market has settled and is pretty efficient, but I still wanted to tab a few golfers I’m looking to invest in and a few that I’m looking to fade.
Golfers I’m Bullish On for the 2019 Masters
- Odds to win: 30-1
- DFS pricing: $8,700 Draftkings; $10,600 FanDuel
- Masters history (2014-18): T-68, 5, T-7, T-11, 19
- Tee times: 10:09 a.m. ET Thursday; 1:05 p.m. ET Friday
Matsuyama is an elite ball striker whose main weakness is putting, which is mitigated at Augusta. (The greens are so tough at the Masters that most players struggle to one-putt, leaving players like Hideki at less of a disadvantage.) Matsuyama has good history at this course and the betting markets have moved heavily in his favor. I’m in agreement with that market movement.