MLB NRFI Odds & Picks: Back Corbin Burnes, Pablo Lopez In Brewers vs. Marlins On Friday (May 13)
Michael Reaves/Getty Images. Pictured: Pablo Lopez.
- The Brewers and Marlins meet in what's expected to be a low-scoring MLB showdown on Friday night.
- Corbin Burnes takes the bump for the Brew Crew, while the Fish counter with Pablo Lopez — and both have been stellar in the first inning this season.
- Check out why there's value on them to toss a scoreless first frame below.
Shayne Trail breaks down his favorite NRFI/YRFI bet of the day below, but you can follow all of his bets in the Action Network app.
Brewers vs. Marlins — No Runs First Inning (-160)
|Matchup||Brewers (Burnes) vs. Marlins (Lopez)|
|First Pitch||7:10 p.m. ET|
On Friday, we will take an NRFI between two National League teams with their respective aces on the mound.
If an NRFI Hall of Fame existed, Corbin Burnes would be a first-ballot inductee.
In 21 first-inning batters faced this season, Burnes has allowed just two hits while holding opponents to a .105 average. After starting off 2022 6-0 to the NRFI, Burnes is now 37-7 to the NRFI since the 2020 season.
In his limited appearances against the Marlins, Burnes is 1-0 to the NRFI.
In the last 21 days, the Marlins have been struggling to obtain a hit in the first inning at home. In 24 first-inning batters, they have recorded only four hits paired with seven strikeouts. They’re hitting just .182 in the first frame as a team.
Now, some important splits we will key in on:
- In the last seven days, Jazz Chisholm Jr. and Jesus Sanchez are a combined 6-for-41 — good for a .146 batting average.
- So far this season at home, Avisail Garcia and Jorge Soler are a combined 15-for-90 — a .166 batting average.
On the other side, we have Pablo Lopez, who also is a future NRFI Hall of Famer.
In 27 first-inning batters this season, Lopez has allowed just six hits and three walks, making him 5-1 to the NRFI. Since 2020, Lopez is 31-7 to the NRFI and Lopez 24-7 to the NRFI at home since 2019.
The Brewers’ leadoff hitters haven’t fared well when facing Lopez:
- Willy Adames: 0-for-5
- Kolten Wong: 0-for-3
The Brewers’ bats as a team in the last seven days have gone silent as well:
- Adames: 3-for-23
- Rowdy Tellez: 4-for-26
- Hunter Renfroe: 5-for-20
Look for these 30-plus NRFI pitchers to continue their success. Take the NRFI between the Brewers and Marlins.
As always, six outs to glory…
Get all of Shayne Trail’s NRFI/YRFI bets instantly in The Action Network app.