Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Ben Simmons
- We're giving away $1,000 cash to the winner of our Wednesday NBA prop contest.
- Rob Perez (aka @WorldWideWob) came up with the 10 questions on the prop sheet and runs through his picks for each.
Hey, don’t know if you heard — we’re giving away $1,000 on Wednesday. For free. All you have to do is complete my gauntlet of prop bets below and beat the field. Since I can’t win, here’s my advice — take it or fade it, the choice is yours.
1. Who will score the first point for the Sixers?
- Ben Simmons
- Joel Embiid
- Jimmy Butler
Wob’s pick: Other (Redick jumper off a screen, if I’m calling my shot).
2. Kawhi Leonard combined steals and blocks: over/under 3.5
Wob’s pick: OVER
3. Will Joel Embiid make a 3-pointer in the first half?
Wob’s pick: I’ve learned my lesson pissing this man off. Yes.
4. What percentage will Kyle Lowry shoot from the field?
- Less than 35%
- Between 35-39.9%
- Between 40-44.9%
- Between 45-49.9%
- 50% or more
Wob’s pick: Less than 35%. Feeling one of those taking-cash-advances-out-of-the-ATM-trying-to-win-his-money-back-and-the-pit-boss-won’t-give-any-more-markers type of games.
5. Will the Sixers or Raptors score 35 points or more in a quarter?
Wob’s pick: Yup.
6. Distance of Ben Simmons’ longest field goal attempt: over/under 9.5 feet
Wob’s pick: I’m feeling dangerous. Over.
7. LeBron James total missed free throws: over/under 2.5
Wob’s pick: He’s shooting 62.5% since Ken Mauer called him out for his lane violations. Over.
8. Will LeBron James score more points vs. Spurs than Kawhi Leonard vs. Sixers?
Wob’s pick: Yes, but I sense a trap.
9. Total words Gregg Popovich says in his first end of quarter interview: over/under 25.5
Wob’s pick: I just wrote the script out in my head and it totaled 40. OVER!
10. Which team will score the most first quarter points?
- 2 teams tie
Wob’s pick: Spurs
Tiebreaker: How many combined points will the Spurs, Lakers, Sixers and Raptors score Wednesday night?
Wob’s pick: 412