Buccaneers Draft Picks, Team Needs & First Round Betting Odds
Alex Burstow/Getty Images. Pictured: Buccaneers mascot
Buccaneers Draft Picks
Buccaneers Draft Odds
|Position of WHAT Pick||Odds|
Buccaneers Draft Needs
- RB: The running back tandem of Ronald Jones and Leonard Fournette were a pain for fantasy football and weren’t even effective as a whole. Tampa Bay ranked fifth-worst in rushing yards per game (94.9) and have not had a 1,000-yard rusher since Doug Martin in 2015. It’s a glaring area of weakness in an offense that’s otherwise very strong and ranked third in total points last season (492).
- OL: GM Jason Licht was able to do some serious salary cap gymnastics and keep a majority of their free agents, but the Bucs will have to replace tackle Joe Haeg to protect their soon-to-be 44-year-old quarterback, Tom Brady.
- CB/S: The Buccaneers’ defense was elite against the run last season and allowed the fewest yards per game (80.6). They were exploitable through the air, however, and allowed a subpar 246.6 passing yards per game.
by Chris Raybon
- Backup QB: Brady is the only quarterback on the roster, though last year’s backup Blaine Gabbert may be re-signed.
- LB: Devin White, the No. 5 overall pick in 2019, tends to struggle in coverage (he allowed a position-high 761 receiving yards last season) but excels as a pass rusher (he recorded nine sacks on just 130 pass-rushing snaps in 2020), so it would be ideal if the Bucs could add another coverage linebacker to give them more flexibility with White.
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.