Buccaneers Draft Picks, Team Needs & First Round Betting Odds
Alex Burstow/Getty Images. Pictured: Buccaneers mascot
Buccaneers Draft Picks
Buccaneers Draft Odds
|Position of WHAT Pick||Odds|
Buccaneers Draft Needs
- RB: The running back tandem of Ronald Jones and Leonard Fournette were a pain for fantasy football and weren’t even effective as a whole. Tampa Bay ranked fifth-worst in rushing yards per game (94.9) and have not had a 1,000-yard rusher since Doug Martin in 2015. It’s a glaring area of weakness in an offense that’s otherwise very strong and ranked third in total points last season (492).
- OL: GM Jason Licht was able to do some serious salary cap gymnastics and keep a majority of their free agents, but the Bucs will have to replace tackle Joe Haeg to protect their soon-to-be 44-year-old quarterback, Tom Brady.
- CB/S: The Buccaneers’ defense was elite against the run last season and allowed the fewest yards per game (80.6). They were exploitable through the air, however, and allowed a subpar 246.6 passing yards per game.
by Chris Raybon
- Backup QB: Brady is the only quarterback on the roster, though last year’s backup Blaine Gabbert may be re-signed.
- LB: Devin White, the No. 5 overall pick in 2019, tends to struggle in coverage (he allowed a position-high 761 receiving yards last season) but excels as a pass rusher (he recorded nine sacks on just 130 pass-rushing snaps in 2020), so it would be ideal if the Bucs could add another coverage linebacker to give them more flexibility with White.