Cam Newton Fantasy Football Rankings, 2019 Projections, Analysis, More
Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1).
- See our experts' fantasy football rankings, 2019 projections, analysis and more for Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton.
Targeting quarterbacks who are recovering from offseason shoulder surgery isn’t usually recommended, despite Andrew Luck’s success in 2018. Still, Newton’s ability to heavily influence games on the ground, combined with a plethora of playmakers capable of thriving in Carolina’s quick-hitting passing game, could make him a huge fantasy football bargain.
Plus, his ridiculous rushing ability will always be an issue for defenses, and he’s a problem that’s nearly impossible to solve when he’s also at his best as a passer. — Ian Hartitz
Note: Rankings and projections are as of July 1. For our experts’ most recent updates, check out our fantasy football tools.
2019 Cam Newton’s Fantasy Football Rankings
- Quarterbacks: No. 11
- Overall: No. 95 PPR | No. 96 Half-Point PPR | No. 93 Standard
Here are our experts’ aggregate projections for top-level stats.
- Passing: 332 completions | 512 attempts | 64.8 comp % | 3,678 yards | 24.9 touchdowns | 14.2 interceptions
- Rushing: 92 carries | 456 yards | 4.1 touchdowns
- Passing: 320 comp | 471 att | 67.9 comp% | 3,395 yds | 242.5 yds/g | 24 TDs | 13 INTs
- Rushing: 101 car | 488 yds | 4 TDs
- Fantasy rank: QB12
Note: Newton started 14 regular-season games.