Cardinals Draft Picks, Team Needs & First Round Betting Odds
Adam Glanzman/Getty Images. Pictured: Kliff Kingsbury
Cardinals Draft Picks
Cardinals Draft Odds
|Position of First Pick||Odds|
Cardinals Draft Needs
by Chris Raybon
- WR: At this stage in their respective careers, A.J. Green is an upgrade on Larry Fitzgerald (barely). But Andy Isabella and KeeSean Johnson never panned out, so the Cards will need to add at least one more WR in order to fully optimize the four-wide offense.
- TE: Dan Arnold left for Carolina, leaving block-first tight ends Maxx Williams and Darrell Daniels atop the depth chart.
- LB: Jordan Hicks has seen his PFF grade dip from 75.1 in 2018 to 61.0 in 2019 to 50.4 last season. Hicks was second on the defense in snaps (1,024), and the team also released De’Vondre Campbell, who was fourth (880).
- CB: Free-agent addition Malcolm Butler will take over as the No. 1 corner for the departed Patrick Peterson while Byron Murphy will start in the slot, but the team can’t feel comfortable with Robert Alford as the No. 2 outside corner. Alford is entering his age-33 season and hasn’t played a snap since 2018.
- CB: The Cardinals’ pass defense ranked 10th last season and allowed 226.4 passing yards per game. Peterson’s departure leaves a gaping void in the secondary, however, and Arizona will have to pursue a cornerback in the draft if the Cardinals wish to replicate or improve upon last year’s performance.
- TE: Arizona lost Arnold during free agency, which probably wouldn’t be noteworthy on its own. The issue is the Cardinals currently list Williams, Darrell Daniels and Ian Bunting as next up on their tight end depth chart. They’ll likely need to make a move during the draft to fill this roster spot heading into 2021.
- DL: The Cardinals’ run defense was a weak spot for the team last year and allowed the 11th-most rushing yards per game (125.5).
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.