Kansas City Chiefs NFL Draft Picks, Team Needs & Betting Odds
David Eulitt/Getty Images
- The 2021 NFL Draft begins Thursday, April 29 at 7 p.m. ET, but the Kansas City Chiefs must wait until Day 2 to place the team's first draft selection.
- Below, you’ll find a full breakdown of the Chiefs’ 2021 NFL Draft picks, betting odds, plus analysis for Kansas City’s team needs by position.
Kansas City Chiefs Draft Picks
Chiefs Draft Odds
|Position of First Pick||Odds|
Chiefs Draft Needs
- OL: The Chiefs have already started to address their offensive line, which was a glaring pain point during the team’s Super Bowl loss to the Buccaneers. They’ve added guard Joe Thuney and tackles Mike Remmers and Orlando Brown to protect their $500 million quarterback Patrick Mahomes and may add additional depth in the draft.
- DL/LB: Kansas City was below-average in sacks per game (2.0), ranking 19th in the NFL. They also allowed the 12th most rushing yards per game (122.1).
by Chris Raybon
- WR: After the departure of Sammy Watkins, the Chiefs are short on depth with only Mecole Hardman, Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle behind Tyreek Hill.
- DE: Frank Clark posted a five-year low in sacks (6.0) last season. He and Chris Jones (7.5) were the only Chiefs with more than three sacks.
- LB: Anthony Hitchens and Ben Niemann ranked 69th and 80th, respectively, of 99 qualifiers in PFF’s linebacker grades.