Spencer Rattler Scouting Report & 2022 NFL Draft Profile
Brian Bahr/Getty Images. Pictured: Oklahoma QB Spencer Rattler
Spencer Rattler NFL Draft Profile
Spencer Rattler NFL Draft Projections
After redshirting for most of 2019, Rattler earned the starting job at Oklahoma in 2020 and played well, ranking No. 4 in the Power Five with 10.3 adjusted yards per attempt.
Highest accurate pass % among returning power five QBs
1. Spencer Rattler, OU – 66.3%
2. Alan Bowman, UM transfer – 64.9%
3. Spencer Sanders, OK St – 64.8%
4. Sam Howell, UNC – 64.7% pic.twitter.com/8I5A2xQjLv
— PFF College (@PFF_College) May 19, 2021
Now he enters 2021 as the Heisman Trophy frontrunner and the No. 1 returning quarterback in college football (per Pro Football Focus). Oklahoma has national title aspirations, and if Rattler can lead the team into the postseason with a strong sophomore campaign, he could lock up a top-10 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.
- 2022 NFL Mock Draft: Pick No. 1, Texans
- 2022 Position Big Board: No. 1 QB
- 2022 NFL Draft Big Board: No. 2 Overall
- 2021 Devy Fantasy Rankings: No. 1 QB, No. 3 Overall
Spencer Rattler Scouting Report
- No. 1 pro-style dual-threat quarterback recruit in 2019 class.
- No. 3 with 92.5 PFF passing grade in 2020, behind only 2021 first-rounders Zach Wilson and Mac Jones.
- Playing for a program that has launched three straight starting quarterbacks to the NFL with significant draft capital (Baker Mayfield – 1.01, Kyler Murray – 1.01, Jalen Hurts – 2.53).
- Smart player who protects the football.
- Undersized (6-foot-1, 210 pounds) and middling athlete (4.88-second 40-yard dash, 85.8 SPARQ rating as a recruit).
- Shotgun-exclusive passer who rarely needs to read the whole field.
- Playing in a program that inflates stats.
- Adequate but not elite arm strength.
Spencer Rattler & Oklahoma Betting Odds
Below are the best odds for various Spencer Rattler and Oklahoma betting markets as of May 9, 2021. Find reviews of the best online sportsbooks here.
- Spencer Rattler to Be No. 1 Pick in 2022 Draft: +300 at BetMGM
- Spencer Rattler to Win Heisman Trophy: +650 at FanDuel
- Oklahoma to Win National Championship: +900 at bet365
- Oklahoma to Win Big 12 Conference: -125 at FOX Bet
- Oklahoma to Be Big 12 Finalist: -335 at DraftKings
Spencer Rattler Stats
- 2020 (11 games): 317-3,031-28-7 passing | 67.5% completion rate
- 2019 (3 games): 11-81-1-0 passing | 63.6% completion rate
- 2020 (11 games): 81-160-6 rushing | 2.0 yards per carry
- 2019 (3 games): 3-23-0 rushing | 7.7 yards per carry
Spencer Rattler Bet
More for fun than anything else, I have opened a small position on Rattler to be the No. 1 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft at +300.
My first prop bets for the 2022 NFL draft: At BetMGM.
No. 1 pick: All QBs
– S. Rattler: +300, 0.5u
– S. Howell: +400, 0.3u
– T. Shough (misspelled "Slough," LOLz): +6600, 0.2u
Rattler & Howell are chalky options. Shough is an informed longshot.https://t.co/t6Vvaqg4H1
— Matthew Freedman (@MattFtheOracle) May 9, 2021
Rattler does not compare to 2021 No. 1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence, but his 2019 recruitment ranking and 2020 performance collectively suggest that he has the talent and skill set to warrant a selection at the top of the board.
Pick: Rattler No. 1 pick, +300; 0.5 units
Best Line (May 19): BetMGM
Matthew Freedman is 1,051-849-37 (+92.6 units) overall betting on the NFL. You can follow him in our free app.