- To win the World Cup: +100000
- To win Group G: +1800
- To advance to Round of 16: +445
Bet to Watch
Tunisia Under 2.5 points +115
After a 12-year absence, Tunisia are back at the World Cup, but a tough draw will likely condemn them to a short stay. After qualifying from a relatively easy group out of Africa, Tunisia were drawn into Group G with England, Belgium and Panama. On paper, this is perhaps the only group in the tournament with two clear favorites and two clear also-rans.
In addition to their tough group, Tunisia will also feel slighted by their schedule. The Carthage Eagles will open against England as +960 underdogs before taking on Belgium and then finally closing out the group stage (and likely their tournament) in what will probably be a meaningless game against Panama.
To further their strife, Tunisia will also be without their best player and chief attacking threat, Youssef Msakni. How big a loss is that? Well here’s how their manager, Nabil Maaloul, summed it up:
“Tunisia without Msakni? It is as if Argentina was playing without Lionel Messi or Portugal without Cristiano Ronaldo. He’s a very important player.”
Tunisia’s best chances of squeaking out a victory will be through defensive organization and pinning their hopes on the midfield trio of Ferjani Sassi, Mohamed Amine Ben Amor and Ghaylen Chaalali. Those three should keep the Carthage Eagles competitive against England and Belgium, but unless either of those two European powers severely slips, this group should be pretty straight forward, relegating Tunisia to a meaningless third game against World Cup rookies Panama. To me, the best value offered on Tunisia is under 2.5 points.
More World Cup Betting Coverage
- Group A: Russia | Saudi Arabia | Egypt | Uruguay
- Group B: Portugal | Morocco | Iran | Spain
- Group C: France | Australia | Peru | Denmark
- Group D: Argentina | Iceland | Croatia | Nigeria
- Group E: Brazil | Costa Rica | Switzerland | Serbia
- Group F: Germany | Mexico | Sweden | South Korea
- Group G: Belgium | Panama | Tunisia | England
- Group H: Poland | Senegal | Colombia | Japan