PSG vs. Juventus Betting Preview: Updated Champions League Odds, Picks, Prediction
Marcio Machado/Eurasia Sport Images/Getty Images. Pictured: Paris Saint-Germain stars Lionel Messi and Kylian Mbappé.
- Lionel Messi and PSG welcome Serie A power Juventus to the French capital for Tuesday's Champions League showdown.
- The Parisians are solid home favorites ahead of the clash at Parc des Princes, but analyst Brett Pund has found value in a Same Game Parlay.
- Check out below to see which two legs he's using tied to this wager.
PSG vs. Juventus Odds
|Over/Under||2.5 (-210 / +170)|
|Day | Time||Tuesday | 3 p.m. ET|
|How To Watch||Paramount+ | fuboTV|
|Odds updated as of Tuesday afternoon via FanDuel. Get up-to-the-minute soccer odds here.|
In the marquee Champions League match on Tuesday’s opening slate, Paris Saint-Germain welcomes Juventus to the Parc des Princes to open group play.
The Parisians are undefeated through six Ligue 1 matches, sitting atop the table with five wins and a draw.
Meanwhile, the Italian side hasn’t had the best of starts to its campaign, picking up just two victories through its first five games.
The French champion is a huge favorite in this meeting, but you can never count out The Old Lady in UCL action.
As you would expect, PSG is dominating the French top flight. The Parisians are led by one of the best attacking trios in the world in Neymar, Kylian Mbappé and Lionel Messi.
The three have combined for 17 goals and 12 assists through the first six domestic matches, but they will need to keep firing for the team to progress in this competition.
The one significant change over the summer was at manager, with Christophe Galtier replacing Mauricio Pochettino. He’ll be under pressure to bring home silverware with this PSG squad.
By The Numbers
- +14.8 — In the six Ligue 1 games, PSG owns this impressive xGDiff overall.
- +5 — The French side also posted a positive xGDiff in the four home matches in this competition last season.
This has been a rocky start to the campaign for manager Massimiliano Allegri’s team, and it might be down to some of the departures over the summer.
A couple of big names left in the transfer window, including defenders Matthijs de Ligt, Giorgio Chiellini and star striker Paulo Dybala.
The Italian giant did bring in Federico Chiesa and Paul Pogba as top replacements. However, Pogba recently picked up a knee injury that requires surgery and he will miss substantial time on the pitch.
By The Numbers
- +0.1 — The advanced metrics show how average Juventus has been, including this xGDiff against Sassuolo, Sampdoria, Roma, Spezia and Fiorentina this season in the Italian top flight.
- 0 — In the four away UCL fixtures during the 2021-22 campaign, none of those matches finished with more than 4.5 goals.
Betting Analysis & Pick
I can only back PSG in this spot, but I’m looking for a better price than the -320 odds offered on the moneyline at FanDuel ahead of this clash. So, my best bet is to play a Same Game Parlay, pairing victory from the Parisians with the total falling under 4.5 goals at -137 odds.
The Italian side is going to park the bus and look to come out with a draw in this affair, which could make it more difficult for PSG to find goals.
I also don’t see enough attacking quality for Juventus to threaten the French juggernaut, even if there is an early goal.
The Pick: Same Game Parlay — PSG ML & Total Under 4.5 Goals (-137)