2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Tony Finau Is Undervalued in Betting Market
Jul 5, 2018; White Sulphur Springs, WV, USA; Tony Finau on the 17th tee during the first round of A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier golf tournament at The Old White TPC. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Tony Finau’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +3300
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +2000
- Point total odds: 1.5 (o +125, u -165)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 0
- Ryder Cup match play history: N/A
- Ryder Cup foursome history: N/A
- Ryder Cup fourball history: N/A
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Tony Finau’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Distance and fourball play. How much distance will be an advantage remains to be seen at Le Golf National, but Finau is set up brilliantly for fourball play. Even if distance is less of a factor, he’ll still make his mark: Put simply, he’s one of the world’s best golfers and doesn’t get the recognition he deserves only because he hasn’t found the winner’s circle as often as his talent suggests he should.
Worst asset: Inexperience. The fact that this is his Ryder Cup debut is really the only knock you can find on Finau’s game. He’s up there in the world in nearly every facet of the game, but the pressure of this event could certainly be a factor for a rookie such as Finau.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 7 out of 10. Finau has been in the top 10 in almost every tournament over the past couple months and was an easy captain’s pick for Jim Furyk. He could turn some heads this week.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 1.5 Points
Tony Finau’s Metrics
Here’s how Finau ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 10th in world, 9th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 15th in world, 10th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 24th in world, 10th in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 65th in world, 12th in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.