Shane Lowry 2019 British Open Betting Odds, Preview: Will He Make His First Cut Since 2014?
John David Mercer, USA Today Sports.
Shane Lowry British Open Odds
- Odds to Win British Open: 80-1
- DFS Pricing: $7,900 DraftKings; $9,800 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 2:52 a.m. ET Thursday; 7:53 a.m. ET Friday
Lowry hasn’t made the cut at an Open Championship since 2014. While that’s concerning, he’s entering this tournament in solid form, finishing 34th, 28th, second, eighth and third over his past five starts. However, Lowry has been gaining most of his strokes with his short game and putter over that time frame.
I’d rather target someone who is striking the ball well and not relying on his short game, especially since Lowry typically isn’t the best around the greens as he’s saved for par just 52.4% of the time over the past 75 weeks.
Shane Lowry British Open Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Shane Lowry ranks among the other 139 top British Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 43
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 71
- Long-Term Driving Accuracy: 79
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 16
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 85
- Total Driving: N/A
- Strokes Gained — Approach: N/A