How to Bet NFL Week 5: Profitable System Since 2018 Includes Spread & Moneyline for Road Underdogs
Justin Casterline/Getty Images. Pictured: Matt Ryan.
Road underdogs didn’t run a 7-1 week like they did in Week 3, but the trend still persists across the board — bet them ATS over the long run.
Road dogs were a solid 6-4 ATS last week, bringing their total record to 379-298-19 ATS since the 2018 NFL season. That’s good for more than a 7% ROI and a profit of over $5,600 for $100 per game bettors.
Of course, double, triple or quadruple that for higher unit-sized bettors. A $500 per game bettor would be up about $28,000 over the last four years.
The moneyline has served bettors extremely well, too.
Year-to-date, road underdogs on the moneyline have netted $100 per game bettors $1,121.
Again, quintuple that for $500 per game bettors. Had you tailed every road underdog at their market-best price since September, at a $500 clip, you’d be up over $5,600.
For Week 5, here are the road underdogs. The lines at hand are the best market values for the team’s spread and moneyline.
- Thursday: Colts (+3.5, +165) vs. Broncos
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Giants (+8.5, +330) vs. Packers
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Steelers (+14, +710) vs. Bills
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Texans (+7.5, +290) vs. Jaguars
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Bears (+7.5, +280) vs. Vikings
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Lions (+3.5, +145) vs. Patriots
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Seahawks (+5.5, +200) vs. Saints
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Falcons (+8.5, +330) vs. Bucs
- Sunday, 4 p.m. ET: Cowboys (+4.5, +188) vs. Rams
- Sunday, 8 p.m. ET: Bengals (+3.5, +155) vs. Ravens
- Monday: Raiders (+7.5, +290) vs. Chiefs
Last week, the trend targeted the teams below. Note the bets were submitted at their best market price on the Tuesday before Week 4. The bolded teams all covered.
The only team that covered but failed to win outright were the Patriots, who lost in overtime to the Packers.
- Thursday: Dolphins (+4, +175) vs. Bengals
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Commanders (+3.5, +150) vs. Cowboys
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Seahawks (+5, +190) vs. Lions
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Titans (+3.5, +165) vs. Colts
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Bears (+3.5, +158) vs. Giants
- Sunday, 1 p.m. ET: Jets (+3.5, +160) vs. Steelers
- Sunday, 4 p.m. ET: Patriots (+11, +420) vs. Packers
- Sunday, 4 p.m. ET: Cardinals (+2.5, +110) vs. Panthers
- Sunday, 4 p.m. ET: Broncos (+2.5, +120) vs. Raiders
- Monday: Rams (+2.5, +120) vs. 49ers