Jason Getz-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Atlanta United goalie Brad Guzan
- There are two buy-low opportunities for MLS bettors on Sunday as the Columbus Crew take on Atlanta United (4 p.m. ET) and the New England Revolution play D.C. United (7:30 p.m. ET).
- The betting market has seen lopsided action in both games, which has created contrarian value.
The flurry of late goals in MLS continued on Saturday night with New York Red Bulls, Montreal Impact, and Real Salt Lake all scoring 90th minute goals to pick up extra points. Hopefully the excitement continues on Sunday and there are three pivotal games to the playoff standings:
- Columbus at Atlanta (4 p.m. ET, ESPN+)
- New England at DC United (7:30 p.m. ET, FS1)
- Colorado at LAFC (10 p.m. ET, ESPN+)
Saturday’s MLS value plays went 2-2 for +0.61 units and there are more great betting opportunities for Sunday’s card. After analyzing each matchup, I’ve picked out two value plays.
Season Record: 47-47-3, +33.10 units, 35% ROI
Columbus Crew at Atlanta United
Moneyline odds: Atlanta -158, Columbus +453, Draw +324
Total: 3 (o-121)
Time: 4 p.m. ET on ESPN+
At first glance it doesn’t appear that there’s been much line movement in this match — Atlanta United opened -158 at Pinnacle sportsbook and those are the exact odds they’re at now. However, we’ve actually seen quite a bit of fluctuation over the past few days.