Updated 2021 Ryder Cup Odds & Betting Market Report: Xander Schauffele Popular, USA vs. Europe Tickets Split

Updated 2021 Ryder Cup Odds & Betting Market Report: Xander Schauffele Popular, USA vs. Europe Tickets Split article feature image

Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images. Pictured: Xander Schauffele

  • The 2021 Ryder Cup begins Friday from Whistling Straits in Sheboygan, Wisc.
  • The underdog Europeans at +160 to retain the cup (36.5% chance), while the talented Americans have a 63.5% probability to win according to the betting market.
  • Xander Schauffele has been a popular choice in prop betting this week at around 7-1 to lead the Americans in points.

Ryder Cup Odds


Odds to lift the cup and via BetMGM

Bets on who will win the Ryder Cup between the United States and Europe are mostly split depending on the sportsbook, but Xander Schauffele is proving to be a popular individual bet.

Schauffele being a common bet isn't new; he's generally near the top of bets and handle for major golf tournaments. But he's getting a significant amount of attention this week.

According to data released by FanDuel, 20% of all the dollars bet on Top Point Scorer are coming in on Schauffele, who will be making his first Ryder Cup appearance.

Schauffele and Justin Thomas are the two most popular bets for Team USA's top point scorer at FanDuel, with Thomas listed as not only the favorite for American's but the favorite for all participants. 

Schauffele is +1200 to be the top scorer. Thomas is tied with Rahm as the favorite at +750. At BetMGM, Schauffele is the getting the most bets to be top scorer for USA.

From a team standpoint, bets are close to even depending on the book. FanDuel is reporting 56% of dollars on Europe to win in the three-way market (which includes a tie as its own option). But bettors are more optimistic in the Americans early, with 70% of handle on USA to score the first point of the tournament.

However, USA is getting most of the bets at BetMGM to win the tournament. It's close, though, with USA getting 48% of bets.

World No. 1 Jon Rahm is the favorite bet in terms of dollars to lead the Europeans in total points just ahead of Viktor Hovland at FanDuel.

One of the most bet props at BetMGM is Rahm finishing with five points, meaning he'd go a perfect 5-0. That bet comes with +2800 odds.

More Ryder Cup Coverage

The must-have app for golf bettors

Custom scoreboard for your bets

Free picks from experts

Live odds for every golfer

How would you rate this article?

This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.