Colts Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Rich Barnes-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Jacoby Brissett
Indianapolis Colts Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 7.5 (-130)/Under 7.5 (+110)
- Odds to win the AFC South: +350
- Odds to make the AFC Playoffs: 2-1
- Odds to win the AFC Championship: 40-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 80-1
Andrew Luck’s surprise retirement dimmed the Colts’ outlook for this season and beyond.
So what are realistic expectations for the Colts in Year 1 of the post-Luck era?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 7.3
Yes, Jacoby Brissett is one of the better backup QBs, but Luck’s retirement takes the Colts from a Super Bowl contender to a middle-of-the-pack team, and gives all other AFC South teams a slight upgrade.
My projected win total for the Colts has dropped from 9.3 to 7.3, and the market has adjusted accordingly, so I don’t see any value on either side here. But they might be worth backing against the spread in-season, as I think the public might overestimate the drop-off from Luck to Brissett.
The Colts still have one of the best rosters on both sides of the ball and are one of the better coached teams in the league, so they’ll be close to a .500 team.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 at Chargers: Colts +7
- Week 2 at Titans: Colts +3.5
- Week 3 vs. Falcons: Colts -1
- Week 4 vs. Raiders: Colts -5
- Week 5 at Chiefs: Colts +9
- Week 7 vs. Texans: Colts -1
- Week 8 vs. Broncos: Colts -3
- Week 9 at Steelers: Colts +4.5
- Week 10 vs. Dolphins: Colts -8.5
- Week 11 vs. Jaguars: Colts -1.5
- Week 12 at Texans: Colts +4.5
- Week 13 vs. Titans: Colts -2
- Week 14 at Buccaneers: Colts +1
- Week 15 at Saints: Colts +7.5
- Week 16 vs. Panthers: Colts -1
- Week 17 at Jaguars: Colts +4.5