Dolphins Draft Picks, Team Needs & First Round Betting Odds
Timothy T Ludwig/Getty Images
Dolphins Draft Picks
Dolphins Draft Odds
|Position of First Pick||Odds|
Dolphins Draft Needs
- QB Insurance: While it’s unlikely the Dolphins pursue a first-round QB two years in a row, I’m not ruling out the possibility they add one in a later round as an additional insurance policy. The team did ink Jacoby Brissett this offseason following Ryan Fitzpatrick’s departure to back up 2020 first-rounder Tua Tagovailoa, who may or may not be a long-term answer for Miami.
- RB: The Dolphins could use depth at running back, even after signing former Rams running back Malcolm Brown. Their depth chart is currently led by Myles Gaskin, a former seventh-round pick who dealt with a MCL sprain in 2020. Next up are Salvon Ahmed and Patrick Laird.
- CB/S: Miami ranked 22nd in passing yards per game allowed (251.5) and could certainly use help in the secondary.
- DL/LB: Miami’s pass rush was solid last season and tallied the 10th-most sacks per game (2.6). They did, however, lose linebacker Kyle Van Noy, edge rusher Kamu Grugier-Hill and tackle Davon Godchaux during free agency and will need to fill those roster voids going into 2021.
by Chris Raybon
- RB: In terms of yards after contact, Gaskin (2.54), Ahmed (2.32) and Brown (2.18) all finished in the 25th-percentile or below. Gaskin is valuable as a receiver, but Miami needs a better complement.
- LT: Miami has to stay aggressive after last year’s 18th overall pick Austin Jackson graded 84th of 89 qualified tackles by PFF.
- C: The team replaced Ted Karras, who graded 20th of 38 centers, with Matt Skura, who was 36th and struggled to snap the ball.
- OLB: The departures of Van Noy and Shaq Lawson add up to 10 lost sacks and 70 lost pressures.
- CB: The No. 3 spot behind Xavien Howard and Byron Jones is an issue: Nik Needham (112th), Justin Coleman (120th) and Noah Igbinoghene (135th) all failed to crack the top 100 in PFF’s cornerback grades.
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.