Kyler Murray NFL Combine Prop Bets: 40-Yard Time & Vertical Jump
Ben Queen-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Kyler Murray
- All eyes will be on Indianapolis this week as prospects try to help their draft stock at the 2019 NFL Combine.
- We've got picks on various performance props, including QB Kyler Murray's 40-yard dash time and vertical jump.
The 2019 NFL Combine is here and sportsbooks have released performance props. Our staff will be making official picks for prop bets on a number of different prospects, including quarterback Kyler Murray.
Here’s the workout schedule for the various position groups:
- Friday: Running backs, offensive linemen, kickers, special teams
- Saturday: Quarterbacks, wide receivers, tight ends
- Sunday: Defensive linemen, linebackers
- Monday: Defensive backs
Now let’s dig into the Murray props that are on the market as of writing, as well as our analysis based on research and official combine data going back to 2006.
Kyler Murray 40-Yard Dash Time
- Over 4.42 Seconds: +100
- Under 4.42 Seconds: -130
For a quarterback, Murray has a diminutive listed size at 5-foot-10 and 195 pounds, but he’s reportedly bulked up to 206 pounds while training for the combine, adding weight to allay concerns about his ability to withstand the grind of the NFL season.
In 2017 spring practices — when he was significantly lighter — he reportedly ran a 4.38-second hand-timed 40-yard dash, which is roughly equivalent to an electronic 4.43.
I doubt that he even runs the 40-yard dash at the combine, but given his recent weight gain, I’m betting over 4.42 seconds to -130.
THE PICK: Over 4.42 Seconds
Kyler Murray Vertical Jump
- Over 32.5 Inches: -115
- Under 32.5 Inches: -115
Murray is an explosive athlete. Last season, he rushed for 1,001 yards and 12 touchdowns. In his time at Oklahoma, he averaged 7.2 yards per rush attempt.
Because of his height and presumably shorter arms, Murray might struggle to hit the over. But almost all of the past quarterback prospects to whom he’s comparable in size have had success in the vertical jump:
- Pat White (6-foot-1, 197 pounds): 35 inches
- Russell Wilson (5-foot-11, 204 pounds): 34 inches
- Marcus Vick (6-foot-1, 200 pounds): 36 inches
- Seneca Wallace (6-foot-1, 196 pounds): 38 inches
- Romaro Miller (6-foot-1, 205 pounds): 35 inches
I’d bet over 32.5 inches to -130.
THE PICK: Over 32.5 inches (-115)
More 2019 NFL Combine Props
- 2019 NFL Combine Props: What Will Be the Fastest 40-Yard Dash?
- 2019 NFL Combine Prop: Rich Eisen 40-Yard Dash
- Josh Jacobs NFL Combine Prop Bets: Over/Under 4.5 Seconds in 40-Yard Dash?
- Greedy Williams NFL Combine Prop Bet: Over/Under 4.36-Second 40 for Draft’s Best Corner?
- 2019 NFL Combine Prop Bet: Will A Player’s Nike Shoe Break?