European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Midweek Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A & La Liga (April 20-22)
Jose Luis Contreras/DAX Images/NurPhoto via Getty Images. Pictured: Antoine Griezmann.
The dark cloud of the European Super League is hanging over the world of soccer right now with so many fans angry, sad and wondering what the world of soccer is going to look like in the near future. Despite all of that, we have a flurry of mid-week fixtures in the Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga.
The European soccer calendar is so congested at the moment with Champions League, Europa League and mid-week domestic matches taking place next week, managers might be rotating their squads to rest some players. It would probably be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out an hour before kickoff before placing a wager.
You can use these projections to identify betting value on current lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Injury News
- Aston Villa: Jack Grealish (LM) is out against Manchester City.
- Brighton: Solomon March (LB) and Tariq Lamptey (RB) are out against Chelsea.
- Chelsea: Mateo Kovacic (CM) and Thiago Silva (CB) are out against Brighton.
- Leicester: Harvey Barnes (LM) and James Justin (LB) are out against West Brom.
- Manchester City: Sergio Aguero (ST) and Kevin De Bruyne (CAM) are out against Aston Villa.
- Southampton: Oriol Romeu (CM) is out against Tottenham.
- Tottenham: Matt Doherty (RB), Harry Kane (ST) and Ben Davies (LB) are out against Southampton.
- West Brom: Branislav Ivanovic (CB) is out against Leicester.
- Bayern Munich vs. Leverkusen: The league leaders look to move closer toward their 10th straight Bundesliga title against Leverkusen on Tuesday. Bayern Munich are in a great run of form in the Bundesliga at the moment, winning six of their last seven matches by a combined score of 21-7. Leverkusen on the other end have been struggling with only three wins in their last eight matches and have only one win in their last seven away matches.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Arminia Bielefeld: Arne Maier (CM), Sergio Córdova (ST) and Reinhold Yabo (LM) are questionable to play against Schalke.
- Augsburg: Daniel Caligiuri (RM), Rani Khedira (CM) and Jeffrey Gouweleeuw (CB) are out against Frankfurt.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Lars Bender (CDM) is questionable against Bayern Munich.
- Bayern Munich: Robert Lewandowski (ST) and Douglas Costa (LM) are out against Leverkusen. Serge Gnarby (RM), Leon Goretzka (CM) and Niklas Süle (CB) are questionable.
- Borussia Dortmund: Jadon Sancho (RM) and Thomas Delaney (RB) are questionable to play against Union Berlin. Axel Witsel (CM) is out.
- Frankfurt: Martin Hinteregger is questionable to play against Gladbach.
- Freiburg: Baptiste Santamaria (CM) is out against Hertha Berlin.
- Gladbach: Yann Sommer (GK) is out against Hoffenheim. Lars Stindl (CAM) is questionable.
- Hertha Berlin: Marvin Plattenhardt (LB), Dodi Lukebakio (ST) and Dedryck Boyata (CB) are questionable to play against Freiburg.
- Hoffenheim: Sebastian Rudy (CM) and Florian Grillitsch (CB) are out against Gladbach.
- Koln: Sebastian Andersson (ST) is out against RB Leipzig.
- Schalke: Matija Nastasic (CB) is questionable to play against Arminia Bielefeld.
- Union Berlin: Taiwo Awoniyi (ST) is questionable to play against Dortmund.
- Vfb Stuttgart: Konstantinos Mavropanos (CB), Borna Sosa (LM), Orel Mangala (CM) and Silas Wamangituka (RM) are out against Wolfsburg.
- Werder Bremen: Omer Toprak (CB) is out against Mainz.
- Wolfsburg: Kevin Mbabu (RB) and Renato Steffen (LM) are out against Vfb Stuttgart.
Serie A Notes
- Roma vs. Atalanta: This is a huge match with major top-four implications. Roma is in a really bad run of form, which has seen them fall eight points off the pace for the top four. On the flip side, Atalanta is in a fantastic run of form, winning nine of their last ten matches in Serie A. Roma has really struggled versus teams ahead of them in the table, going 0-6-3 in nine matches. Atalanta is also unbeaten in their last six meetings against Roma.
- Napoli vs. Lazio: Another huge match for Champions League qualification, as the fifth- and sixth-place teams square off. Napoli is two points off Juventus for fourth, while Lazio is only four points off the pace of the reigning champions. Napoli is in fantastic form at home, winning six of their last seven matches. Lazio is also in fantastic form, having won five straight.
Serie A Injury News
- Bologna: Aaron Hickey (LB) and Takehiro Tomiyasu (CB) are questionable to play against Torino.
- Cagliari: Alessio Cragno (GK) is questionable to play against Udinese.
- Crotone: Ahmad Benali (CM) is questionable to play against Sampdoria.
- Fiorentina: Nikola Milenkovic (CB) and Erick Pulgar (CM) are out against Verona.
- Inter: Arturo Vidal (CM) is questionable to play against Spezia.
- Juventus: Federico Chiesa (LM) is out against Parma. Cristiano Ronaldo (CF) is questionable.
- Lazio: Luiz Felipe (CB) is questionable to play against Napoli.
- Napoli: David Ospina (GK) is out against Lazio.
- Parma: Simone Iacoponi (CB) is questionable to play against Juventus. Riccardo Gagliolo (LB) is out.
- Roma: Leonardo Spinazzola (LM) and Chris Smalling (CB) are questionable to play against Atalanta.
- Sampdoria: Maya Yoshida (CB) is out against Crotone.
- Sassuolo: Francesco Caputo (ST) is questionable to play against AC Milan.
- Udinese: Rodrigo de Paul (CM) and Gerard Deulofeu (ST) are out against Cagliari. Ignacio Pussetto (ST) is questionable.
La Liga Injury News
- Athletic Bilbao: Ander Capa (RB) is out against Real Betis.
- Atletico Madrid: Joao Felix (ST) and Luis Suarez (ST) are questionable to play against Huesca.
- Barcelona: Philippe Coutinho (CAM) and Ansu Fati (LW) are questionable to play against Getafe.
- Cadiz: Alex Fernández (LM) is questionable to play against Real Madrid.
- Celta Vigo: Ruben Blanco (GK) and Santi Mina (ST) are questionable to play against Real Sociedad.
- Eibar: Pedro Bigas (CM), Yoshinori Muto (ST), Eduardo Expósito (CM) and Bryan Gil (LM) are questionable to play against Granada.
- Getafe: Erick Cabaco (CB) is out against Barcelona.
- Granada: Maxime Gonalons (CM) and Domingos Duarte (CB) are out against Eibar. Luis Milla (CAM) is questionable.
- Huesca: Pablo Maffeo (RB) is out against Atletico Madrid.
- Levante: Jorge Miramon (RB) and Nikola Vukcevic (CM) are questionable to play against Sevilla.
- Osasuna: Juan Cruz (LB) is questionable to play against Valencia.
- Real Madrid: Dani Caravajal (RB), Sergio Ramos (CB) and Federico Valverde (CM) are questionable to play against Cadiz. Ferland Mendy (LB) and Lucas Vazquez (RW) are out.
- Real Sociedad: David Silva (CAM) is questionable to play against Celta Vigo.
- Real Valladolid: Joaquin Fernandez (CB) is questionable to play against Elche.
- Valencia: Thierry Correia (RB), Carlos Soler (CM) and Jasper Cillessen (GK) are out against Osasuna.