Patriots vs. Eagles Preseason Betting Odds: Brady-Foles in Super Bowl Rematch
Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Nick Foles & Tom Brady
Betting Odds: Philadelphia Eagles at New England Patriots (-3.5)
- Philadelphia Eagles Moneyline: +155
- New England Patriots Moneyline: -180
- Over/Under: 42.5
- Kickoff: Aug. 16, 2018 – 7:30 p.m. ET
Quarterback Nick Foles (neck) is expected to start and play for maybe a couple series, but multiple offensive contributors are dealing with injuries at every skill position.
- Quarterback: Carson Wentz (knee)
- Running back: Josh Adams (undisclosed), Donnel Pumphrey (lower body), Corey Clement (lower body), Matt Jones (undisclosed)
- Wide receiver: Nelson Agholor (lower body), Markus Wheaton (undisclosed), Mack Hollins (undisclosed), Alshon Jeffery (shoulder), Mike Wallace (knee)
- Tight end: Zach Ertz (undisclosed), Dallas Goedert (elbow)
Not every above player is expected to be sit, but it’d be surprising to see many of them — along with potential lead back Jay Ajayi and veteran Darren Sproles — play for long. Per our NFL Live Odds page, the game total opened at a slate-high 43.5 points but has dropped with only 39% of the bets and 27% of the money on the under.
New England Patriots
Quarterback Tom Brady (sore back) “absolutely” plans to play against the Eagles. Chris Hogan is expected to serve as his No. 1 wideout in the wake of Julian Edelman’s four-game suspension, but Kenny Britt (hamstring) and Philip Dorsett (knee) should be considered questionable, so the likes of Eric Decker, Cordarrelle Patterson, Braxton Berrios and Riley McCarron could see increased snaps. Running back Sony Michel (knee) and starter Rex Burkhead (undisclosed) are uncertain to suit up, giving vultures Jeremy Hill and Mike Gillislee additional opportunities to prove their value.
Patriots-Eagles OVER 42.5
Even though the line has moved down a point, 73% of the money is on the over, suggesting that the deep-pocketed sharps anticipate a high-scoring game.