Vikings Fantasy Rankings, Projections, Analysis for Every Player
Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Kirk Cousins, Dalvin Cook
- See our experts' fantasy rankings, projections and analysis for every relevant Minnesota Vikings player.
Can Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs both continue to thrive as fantasy assets? How high is Dalvin Cook’s ceiling? What else should we expect from this offense in 2019?
Our analysts rank all their key players by scoring format, project their season-long stat lines and analyze their overall outlooks heading into the season.
Vikings Fantasy Rankings, Projections
Kirk Cousins, QB
- Pass: 357 comp | 524 att | 68.1 comp% | 3,845 yds | 25.7 TDs | 10.7 INTs
- Rush: 43 car | 126 yds | 2.4 TDs
Dalvin Cook, RB
- Rush: 220 car | 1,001 yds | 5.6 TDs
- Rec: 45 catches | 356 yds | 2 TDs
Alexander Mattison, RB
- Rush: 129 car | 536 yds | 4.7 TDs
- Rec: 15 catches | 123 yds | 0.5 TDs
Adam Thielen, WR
- Rec: 87.6 catches | 1153 yds | 6.3 TDs
Stefon Diggs, WR
- Rec: 84.9 catches | 979 yds | 7.2 TDs
Kyle Rudolph, TE
- Rec: 50 catches | 504 yds | 4.8 TDs
Note: Projections as of August 22.
>> Get our experts’ latest fantasy rankings and projections in our Draft Kit.
Vikings Fantasy Outlooks
Chris Raybon breaks down offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski’s playcalling tendencies to forecast who will benefit most.
- Mike Zimmer fired former OC John DeFilippo late last season for employing an approach Zimmer felt was too pass-heavy. The Vikings ran on just 36.7% of plays under DiFilippo, but 52.5% once Stefanski took over. Running on more than half the plays isn’t easy to do over the long term but it would be reasonable to expect a return to the offenses previous norms in Zimmer’s first four seasons (32.6 pass attempts, 27.6 rush attempts).
- Dalvin Cook averaged 18 carries, 3.3 targets, and 2.8 catches per game under Stefanski compared to 10.9 carries, 4.9 targets, and 4.0 catches under DeFilippo. In addition to the increase in overall touches under Stefanski, the carry/target split is notable. Cook’s 0.45 avoided tackles per reception ranked first among running backs (min. 25 receptions). But he’s also dropped six of his 65 career targets. Then there’s the fact that Gary Kubiak’s last two offenses ranked bottom-four in receptions by running backs.
- Stefanski still found a way to get Latavius Murray 9.3 touches, essentially making the Vikings a more running back-centric offense. This bodes well for third-round pick Alexander Mattison to step into that role with perhaps even more volume.