Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: James Harden
- James Harden won the NBA's scoring title last season, and he's the betting favorite to repeat again in 2018-19 (+275 betting odds).
- LeBron James, in his first season playing for the Los Angeles Lakers, comes in at 4-1 odds to be the league's highest scorer.
- Kevin Durant has won the award four times, but none since he joined the Golden State Warriors.
Courtesy of BetOnline, betting on the 2018-19 NBA scoring title champion is now open for business.
2018-19 NBA Scoring Title Odds
A couple of notes:
1. The past five scoring champions had the highest usage percentages (percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor) of their careers during their scoring-title season(s):
- James Harden (36.1%)
- Russell Westbrook (41.7%!!!)
- Stephen Curry (32.6%)
- Kevin Durant (33.0%)
- Carmelo Anthony (35.6%)
2. Reigning scoring champion and 2018-19 favorite James Harden won the title last season making only 651 field goals, the third-fewest since the year 2000.
3. Speaking of efficiency: Who is the player on the list who won the title making the fewest number of field goals in this same time frame? Russell Westbrook (627) in 2014-15! You see, he can be efficient!
4. Steph Curry hit a historic 402 three-pointers en route to his 2015-16 scoring title, yet he still fell 183 points shy of Westbrook’s season total mark during his unfathomable triple-double average campaign of 2016-17. That’s how statistically absurd Russ’ box scores were.
5. Kevin Durant has won the title four times (all in OKC), and once did it playing in only 66 games.
6. Michael Jordan led the league in scoring 10 times. TEN. Second place? Wilt Chamberlain (7). Allen Iverson, George Gervin and Durant share the bronze (4).