Cowboys Fantasy Rankings, Projections, Analysis for Every Player
Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott (4) and running back Ezekiel Elliott (21).
- See our experts' fantasy rankings, projections and analysis for every relevant Dallas Cowboys player.
The Cowboys showed flashes of brilliance on offense, but were inconsistent overall. Quarterbacks coach Kellen Moore was upgraded to offensive coordinator and will assume the playcalling duties in 2019.
Can we expect more synergy in the passing game with Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper? Will Ezekiel Elliott maintain his standing as a top running back in the league?
Our analysts rank all their key players by scoring format, project their season-long stat lines and analyze their overall outlooks heading into the season.
Cowboys Fantasy Rankings, Projections
Dak Prescott, QB
- Pass: 337 comp | 508 att | 66.3 comp% | 3,771 yds | 23.4 TDs | 9.4 INTs
- Rush: 65 car | 300 yds | 4.6 TDs
Ezekiel Elliott, RB
- Rush: 276 car | 1,258 yds | 8.7 TDs
- Rec: 58 catches | 481 yds | 2.5 TDs
Tony Pollard, RB
- Rush: 65 car | 272 yds | 2.3 TDs
- Rec: 24 catches | 183 yds | 0.7 TDs
Amari Cooper, WR
- Rec: 75.8 catches | 1050 yds | 6.9 TDs
Randall Cobb, WR
- Rec: 45.6 catches | 474 yds | 3.1 TDs
Michael Gallup, WR
- Rec: 45.9 catches | 673 yds | 3.5 TDs
Jason Witten, TE
- Rec: 40 catches | 386 yds | 2.9 TDs
Blake Jarwin, TE
- Rec: 20 catches | 221 yds | 2 TDs
Note: Projections as of August 22.
>> Get our experts’ latest fantasy rankings and projections in our Draft Kit.
Cowboys Fantasy Outlooks
Chris Raybon analyzes Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore’s playcalling tendencies to predict who could benefit the most.
- Gone is Scott Linehan’s scheme that was essentially static pre-snap, rarely doing anything to scheme his receivers open. In its place is Kellen Moore’s system, which utilizes more pre-snap motion. This should have a profound impact on the weekly consistency of Amari Cooper, who was a monster from the slot with Dallas last season with 11 catches, 203 yards, and 2 TDs on 14 targets.
- Moore will also emphasize creating big plays via the deep ball, according to an interview that appears on the Cowboys’ official website. Dak Prescott ranked 24th in deep passing rate (10.8%), but fourth in passer rating on such throws (115.7). This should boost the Year 2 breakout potential of Michael Gallup, who amassed 39% of his total receiving yardage via the deep ball last season. Gallup put up 3.5 receptions, 60.0 yards and 0.5 TDs on 6.3 targets per game over the last four, which are top-24 WR numbers in standard and top-30 in PPR.
- The re-signing of Alfred Morris, who averaged 16.5 carries per game over a six-game stretch with Ezekiel Elliott out in 2017, suggests Morris would be involved if Zeke were to miss games. But with Moore now calling the shots, a committee that also features explosive rookie fourth-rounder Tony Pollard seems more likely than Morris reprising a full workload.