Panthers Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Chuck Cook-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Cam Newton
Carolina Panthers Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 8 (-120)/Under 8 (even)
- Odds to win the NFC South: 4-1
- Odds to make the NFC Playoffs: +375
- Odds to win the NFC Championship: 25-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 50-1
Cam Newton is reportedly ready for Week 1 after playing through a shoulder injury to close out last season.
What are realistic expectations for him and the Panthers in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 8.5
The Panthers graded as an A+ rating in my new Buy/Sell Rating Model, and I couldn’t agree more.
They only went 2-7 in one-score games last year; they were the only team to have -2.5 expected wins because of their performance in close games. Not to mention, Newton played with shoulder issues toward the end of the season before finally shutting himself down. And all reports indicate his offseason surgery to help clean up his shoulder means it’s closer to 100% now.
It’s really tough to take the Over 7.5 at the steep price of -190 (where it’s at it some books). You could certainly take Over 8, but don’t pay too much juice — -135 is worth about a half win.
I’m going to sit out betting on Carolina’s win total and instead target their Week 1 games against the Rams, who my model gives an F grade. I have that matchup being closer to a pick’em and most books still have the Panthers at the key number +3 right now. It’s currently my favorite Week 1 bet.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 vs. Rams: Panthers +0.5
- Week 2 vs. Buccaneers: Panthers -6
- Week 3 at Cardinals: Panthers -3.5
- Week 4 at Texans: Panthers +2.5
- Week 5 vs. Jaguars: Panthers -3
- Week 6 vs. Buccaneers: Panthers -3.5
- Week 8 at 49ers: Panthers +1
- Week 9 vs. Titans: Panthers -3.5
- Week 10 at Packers: Panthers +3.5
- Week 11 vs. Falcons: Panthers -2.5
- Week 12 at Saints: Panthers +5.5
- Week 13 vs. Redskins: Panthers -7.5
- Week 14 at Falcons: Panthers +3
- Week 15 vs. Seahawks: Panthers -3
- Week 16 at Colts: Panthers +1
- Week 17 vs. Saints: Pick’em