Redskins WR Antonio Gandy-Golden Could Have Dynasty Fantasy Potential
Ryan M. Kelly/Getty Images. Pictured: Antonio Gandy-Golden
Redskins WR Antonio Gandy-Golden Dynasty Rookie Analysis
- Draft Position: 4.142 | School: Liberty
- Height: 6’4” | Weight: 223 pounds
- 40-yard dash: 4.60 seconds
- 2020 Age: 22 | Class: Senior
- Recruitment Stars: 2
Gandy-Golden isn’t fast per se, but he has good speed and explosiveness for his size (per PFF).
- Speed score: 103.7 (80th percentile)
- Burst score: 124.7 (70th percentile)
Thanks to his size, AGG is a better-than-expected downfield receiver, as evidenced by his 92.4 PFF deep grade, and he’s frequently targeted deep with his 14.0-yard average depth of target (per SIS).
In the RV Prospect Box Score Scout, Kenny Golladay, Courtland Sutton and Eric Decker are among his 10 most comparable players, and while those players might seem like a stretch, Gandy-Golden has the collegiate production to match them.
- 2017 (10 games): 69-1,066-10 receiving
- 2018 (11 games): 71-1,037-10 receiving
- 2019 (13 games): 79-1,396-10 receiving
Gandy-Golden isn’t much of a separator, so he might struggle downfield in the NFL, but he has the potential to be a reliable possession receiver opposite No. 1 receiver Terry McLaurin, and all that stands between AGG and a starting spot right now is second-year sixth-rounder Kelvin Harmon.
I think that’s a competition AGG can win. In fact …
NFL Prospect Comp: Kelvin Harmon but taller, younger, more productive and more invested with draft capital
More Dynasty Analysis For Freedman’s Top Rookies
- Chiefs RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire
- Rams RB Cam Akers
- Colts RB Jonathan Taylor
- Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy
- Cowboys WR CeeDee Lamb
Matthew Freedman is the Editor-in-Chief of FantasyLabs, part of The Action Network.