Week 9 NFL Injury Report: Fantasy Football Updates to Matt Breida, Dede Westbrook, More
Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Matt Breida
- Our Week 9 fantasy football injury report houses updates to the notable players whose status is in question.
- This week, 49ers RB Matt Breida and Jaguars WR Dede Westbook are among the players we're watching.
Welcome to Week 9!
Our weekly NFL Injury Report tracks injuries and suspensions from all starters and fantasy-relevant players across the league. It’s constantly updated and features daily practice participation for a clear view of how healthy a player truly is.
Week 8 had some key injuries, but here’s a brief rundown before we dig into the full tracker:
- Arizona Cardinals RB Chase Edmonds left Sunday’s game with a hamstring injury and never returned. The Cardinals traded for Kenyan Drake on Monday morning, which is probably an indicator of Edmonds’ health. Their backfield is a mess with David Johnson (ankle) and DJ Foster (hamstring) also banged up.
- Philadelphia Eagles RB Miles Sanders banged up his shoulder against the Bills and never returned to action.
- Jacksonville Jaguars WR Dede Westbrook has been battling neck and shoulder injuries the last few weeks and exited Sunday’s game with the same injury and never returned.
- Los Angeles Rams WR Brandin Cooks was concussed in Sunday’s win over the Bengals. He’ll have an extra week to recover since the Rams are on bye, however, it’s already his second concussion of the season.
- San Francisco 49ers RB Matt Breida injured his ankle in the second half of Sunday’s blowout win over the Panthers. He’ll need to have a quick turnaround since the 49ers play on Thursday night against the Cardinals.
Week 9 Byes: Atlanta Falcons, Cincinnati Bengals, Los Angeles Rams, New Orleans Saints
We won’t have official practice reports until Wednesday, so be sure to check back once we have more clarity on the health of more rosters.
Note: The official injury designation will go in the “Team” status column once available, but the FantasyLabs Status — which includes Out, Doubtful, Questionable, Probable, and In designations — is updated throughout the week.