Tuesday WNBA Picks: Sylvia Fowles, Sabrina Ionescu, Dearica Hamby, More Expert PrizePicks Props (May 17)
Steph Chambers/Getty Images. Pictured: Sylvia Fowles
Sean Koerner, our Director of Predictive Analytics, highlights his top 14 (!) WNBA props to target on PrizePicks this Tuesday night.
His picks are listed in order of his confidence below, with 10 being the highest confidence rating. But of the 14, here is his favorite five-pick play:
- Sabrina Ionescu Under 17.5 Pts
- Queen Egbo Over 13.5
- Dearica Hamby Over 7.5
- Jackie Young Under 1.0
- Rhyne Howard Over 15.5
What is PrizePicks? A daily fantasy operator — meaning they’re available in more states (30) than sports betting is! — PrizePicks offers a unique opportunity for action on player props in which you parlay two or more plays together.
Tuesday WNBA Picks
- Dearica Hamby (LV) Over 7.5 Reb: Hamby has seen her rebound rate explode this season, likely due to Liz Cambage changing teams this offseason. I’m projecting Hamby for closer to 10 boards.
- Dearica Hamby (LV) Over 19.5 P+R+A: Increased role with Cambage gone; grab these overs before the market adjusts. Projecting this closer to 26.5.
- Queen Egbo (IND) Over 13.5 P+R+A: This is a fantastic play, even if NaLyssa Smith can play through her ankle injury (which seems 50/50 as of writing). If Smith is ruled out, consider this a Taco Tuesday Prize Picks special. Projecting this closer to 21.
- Queen Egbo (IND) Over 6.5 Reb: Projecting closer to 8.5.
- Sabrina Ionescu (NY) Under 17.5 Pts: Ionescu has been on fire this season, but the Sun is a brutal matchup for scoring. They play elite defense and a very slow pace. Projecting this closer to 14.
- Jackie Young (LV) Under 1 3s: Jackie has made 37.5% of her 3-point attempts this season after averaging around 27.5% in her first three seasons. She’s way more likely to finish with zero than with two.
- Rhyne Howard (ATL) Over 15.5 Pts: Atlanta benefits from playing a weak Indiana team tonight. Projecting Howard closer to 19.5.
- Cheyenne Parker (ATL) Over 17.5 P+R+A: Atlanta benefits from playing a weak Indiana team tonight. Projecting Parker closer to 22.5.
- Rhyne Howard (ATL) Over 21.5 P+R+A: Atlanta benefits from playing a weak Indiana team tonight. Projecting Howard closer to 27.
- Ariel Atkins (WAS) Under 2.5 3s: Atkins has made 37% of her attempts from beyond the arc, but has made 45% this season. Therefore, I expect her to regress toward her career rate and am projecting her closer to 2.
- Lexie Brown (LA) Over 1.5 Ast: Rae Burrell has been ruled out for tonight’s game, which means Brown could see 30+ minutes. The Sparks should be able to score with ease against the Lynx. Projecting her closer to 3.
- Sylvia Fowles (MIN) Over 8.5 Reb: Fowles failed to clear this number in the first two games of the season, but that was due to playing less than 25 minutes in each. With her playing time set to be 30+ tonight, I’m projecting this closer to 10.
- Queen Egbo (IND) Over 5.5 Pts: This would be an 8-rated prop if NaLyssa Smith is ruled out. You are better off using Queen’s rebound and P+R+A props, but if Smith is ruled out and Queen’s points prop is still at 5.5, I will create a couple builds using this over.
- Jordin Canada (LA) Under 3.5 Reb: Canada is the type of player who needs a bit of luck to find herself in a position for a rebound. And I’m not expecting too many chances tonight given the matchup. Projecting this closer to 2.5.